What is the best way to get to Alberobello?
On maps, Alberobello is located in Puglia, heel of Italy’s boot and spleended unknow region.
Alberobello by plane
The closest airports are Bari and Brindisi, both located just 55 km from Alberobello and from Trulli del Bosco.
The best lowcost company are Rynair, Easyjet, Volotea, Vuelling, Weeze, Airberlin
From Bari’s airport to Alberobello
- By train: there is a new railway from Bari’s airport to the Bari’s station every hours (here the timetables). Once arrived at the station, take the train to Alberobello with Ferrovie Sud-Est.Time: 2 h 30 min / Cost: 5€ ticket to Bari’s station + 4,90€ ticket to Alberobello’s station
- By taxi: you can call a taxi just in front of the airport’s exit. This one is the faster and most expensive way to get to Alberobello from the airport.Time: 1h / Cost: from 25€ to 50€.
- Rent a car: the cheapest and the easiest way to get to Alberobello is to rent a car at one of the companies available in the airport (Win Rent, Auto Europa, Avis, Hertz, Locauto and Thrifty).Time: 1h + the time to take the car / Cost: from 30€ per day
Alberobello by train
Get to Alberobello by train could be a little adventure and can lenghten your trip, but could be a good occasion to immerse yourself in the apulian landscape.
You have 2 options:
- Get to Bari’s station and take a train that go directly to Alberobello with another company “Ferrovie Sud-Est”. The traks is at south side of the station, just past platform 10. There is an FSE (Ferrovie Sud-Est) ticket office at those tracks, NOT in the main lobby of the Bari Centrale. There is also a self-service machine at the FSE tracks, with instructions in english too. ATTENTION: unfortunatly there are not trains on Sunday!Timetables ad booking: https://www.fseonline.it / Ticktes cost: 4,90€ / Time: 1 h 40 m
- Another option is to take a train from Bari’station to Fasano’station with Ferrovie dello Stato. Time 40 min. Then, when you arrived at Fasano’station call your hotel or a taxi for shuttle tranfert to Alberobello. Time 20 min by car.Timetable and booking: www.trenitalia.it / Tickets cost: 4,20€ + hotel shuttle / Time: 1 h
Alberobello by car
Renting a car is the most recommended way to visit Puglia. Often there are no means of transport between cities, and the Apulian countryside is definitely an experience that you can not miss.
You can hire a car at one of the companies available in the airport (Win Rent, Auto Europa, Avis, Hertz, Locauto and Thrifty) tfor 30€ or 40€ per day. Or you can arrive in Albebello by train and a rent a car from 30€ per day, ask to us for any further information: email@example.com